The act of communication is as old as man. The importance of communication to the existence of humans led the early men to create various communication channels. However, the methods seem not as effective as generations go by, and technology continues to advance. With the introduction of various technological innovations, the world witnessed the introduction of cellular phones. Cellular phones were widely accepted and used in various parts of the world. The existence of cellular phone fostered unity among friends and relationships. The recent technological revolution sparked up the introduction of various smartphones powered by Andriod and iOS. The smartphones developed gave all individuals a renewed mindset and user experience. Applications installed on smartphones make their user-experience become exciting.
- Why the Need For *67
- How to Use *67 on Your Mobile Phone
- How to Hide Number With *67 on Your Android Device
- How to Hide Phone Number With *67 on Your iPhone
- Other Method to Discover Your Caller Identity
- Other Useful Vertical Service codes and How to Use them
With smartphones, you can make calls to reach out to people in different parts of the world. The smartphone is also used to send text messages, surf the web, access social media platforms, play games, watch movies, and perform other exciting daily activities. Since the introduction of phone calls in cellular phones, the caller ID of individuals making calls appears on the recipient's cell phone. However, most callers desire to hide their identity for significant reasons. Nowadays, various methods have been introduced to assist callers in making calls in anonymous mode. When the caller employs these methods, their identity will be hidden on the recipient's cellular phone. In the past, one of the well-known methods is the use of the *67 shortcodes. However, most cell phone users have been skeptical about its workability and efficiency. Today, I will be guiding you through the steps you can follow when using *67 so that it can work on your mobile phones.
Also Read: How to Fix Scratch Disks Are Full Error in 2022
Why the Need For *67
The *67 code is an essential code widely used by all cell phone users to hide their caller identity. The reasons why you may desire to hide your contact are discussed below.
1. Online Dating
The introduction of the internet also gives rise to the designing of online dating platforms. Through dating platforms, many people can meet their spouse and create a lasting intimate friendship. If you are the kind of person that loves meeting people on the dating sites, you may need to call the people you meet on the platform with your phone number. While calling your new friend you met on the dating platform, you can hide your contact. This will place you on the safer side. You can also communicate more comfortably and conveniently with your new friend without exercising fears.
2. Online Shopping
One of the daily activities we cannot avoid is shopping for items needed in our homes. Before now, physical stores are the only places where you can purchase essential items for your daily needs. With technological advancements, virtually all businesses have been digitalized. You can now purchase items online and get them delivered to your doorstep. However, you only meet the merchant online without any idea of the kind of person he may be. Hence, you may have safety concerns when you are asked to drop your number or call the merchant to make inquiries. With this fear of the unknown, you can decide to put a call through to the merchant by hiding your phone number. With this, you will be assured that your phone number is safe.
3. Side Hustle
Now that our world has become digitalized, you can carry out essential and business activities on various fantastic platforms. You can decide to work as a digital marketer or as a freelancer. As a digital marketer, you will need to contact your clients and prospective customers to intimate them with new products. To contact these customers, you can send messages or put a call through to each of them. If you choose to call them, you may be security conscious. Hence, you can hide your phone number to protect your identity because you may not trust the new customer.
4. Privacy Concerns
Our privacy is cherished in all our daily endeavors. We meet friends on a daily basis - either known or unknown. With these individuals, we can form and enjoy intimate or casual friendship. If you meet an individual for the first time and want to make calls for personal reasons, you can hide your contact to protect your privacy. Also, you can hide your caller ID when you call your customers with your personal phone number. By doing this, you save yourself from the customer disturbing your line with incessant calls. Furthermore, suppose you are dealing with parent groups, volunteer organizations, neighbors, commercial websites, and your work associates. In that case, you will need to hide your phone number to avert the risks of identity theft.
The table below summarizes the codes and their functions.
|*67||Hide the caller's identity.|
|*60||Block unknown number.|
|*66||Continuous redial of busy number.|
|*69||Reject calls from hidden numbers.|
|*70||Deactivate call waiting temporarily.|
|*72||Call forwarding on the landline.|
|*77||Anonymous call rejection.|
How to Use *67 on Your Mobile Phone
The *67 code is an efficient code that works perfectly on smartphones and cellular phones. The code is used to hide phone numbers on iOS and Android devices. With this code, you don't need to go through the stress blocking your number on iOS and Android device settings.
Also Read: I Need Money Now - Solve Personal Finance Problems in 2022
How to Hide Number With *67 on Your Android Device
The process of hiding your number on an Android device is simple and straightforward. The steps involved are discussed below
- Hit the "Phone" icon that is located at the baseline of the screen of your Android smartphone.
- Navigate through the interface and look for the search bar at the interface of the Android smartphone. Then you will see three dots located close to the drop-down menu.
- Choose settings from the menu.
- Hit the calls section to proceed in the steps involved.
- Hit the Additional settings icon
- Then click on the Caller ID option.
- Finally, hit the Hide number icon when its pop-up interface appears on the Android device screen.
How to Hide Phone Number With *67 on Your iPhone
The method discussed in this section works for iPhones and other iOS powered devices. The steps involved are discussed below.
- Hit the Settings button on the home screen of your iPhone.
- Navigate down to the settings interface. Then choose "Phone."
- Navigate to the Calls section and hit the "Show My Caller ID" option.
- Check if the Show My Caller ID button is in green color or position. If green, click on it so that it will turn to white. The while color signifies that the function is in off position. Now, all your outgoing call will be displayed with the inscription "No Caller ID" instead of your calling phone number.
Other Method to Discover Your Caller Identity
Technology has made things easier and faster when a phone number calls you - there are some websites through which you can get information about the identity of the recipient of your calls. Though this process may not be fast. However, it is efficient and effective. To check their identity, you need to search the phone number on the dedicated websites. Then collate all information obtained about the identity of the person. You can also acquire further information from their social media page. If the person is an untrustworthy, criminal, and engage in frivolous activities, you can quickly avoid further conversation that can lure you into their waiting hands. However, if the person can be trusted, you can call and discuss with him without hiding your identity
Other Useful Vertical Service codes and How to Use them
While *67 has proven effective in hiding caller ID, there are many codes designed for different purposes. These codes work efficiently in all smartphones. However, if any of the code is not working on your mobile phone, you may need to contact your phone manufacturer. The codes and their functions are discussed below.
- *60: The code provides the chances to mobile phone users to deny or block a specific phone number from calling them.
- *66: The code helps you continuously dial a busy number until the busy line becomes free.
- *69: The code is useful on landlines that have no caller ID. It helps the landline owner to dial the last phone number that called them.
- *70: The code is used to temporarily deactivate the call waiting for services on your mobile phone.
- *72: The code enables its users to set landlines to call forwarding. So, when a phone number is used to call the line, it will never cease replying as call forwarding.
- *77: The code enables an anonymous call rejection feature of the mobile phone. With this code, you can only receive calls from any phone number that does not hide its phone number while calling your phone number.
You must hide your phone number when making calls to untrustworthy individuals. You can easily hide your number with the *67 code. Today, I have discussed the steps you can follow to hide your phone number while making calls. Please read through and protect your identity from theft.
Also Read: How to Download Instagram Reels Videos on Windows PC, Andoird, and iOS Devices ?